BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Rev Theory and Shinedown Concert (8/22/09)

OHMYGOODNESS.
Last night was one of the rocking-est nights EVER. Aside from it being my first REAL concert, it was also a great time to be had with Rachel.

I'll start with the entire KY State Fair overall. We went there for rides, and of course, it was cheaper to just go to Six Flags then ride four fair rides. We wandered around for a couple of hours, and then wound up outside of Cardinal Stadium, near the front of the longest line in HISTORY. A FREE concert with Shinedown and Rev Theory. We waited for 3/4 hours, no kidding.

But it was definitely worth it, as we were front-row, center-stage. So close "Brent could spit when he was singing and it could land on me," as Rachel said. And as I put it, we were so close I could see the veins running across Rich Luzzi's body.

Over the course of the night, we met a REALLY REALLY drunk girl, an old man who called himself an "Ozhead" and had been to over 200 concerts, and about a zillion cute boys.

I coined the phrase "Do the WOO or SWITCHEROO" because every so often, seven or eight of us would stand up and wooo, and the wackos in front row who refused to woo made us angry. I mean, THEY WERE IN THE FIRST ROW, they had sooo much to be excited about.

STICK IN THE MUD.

About the actual concert, they rocked, seriously. Both lead singers ran through the crowd, and I got a big grab of Brent's jacket. I even got a FREE Rev Theory sticker.

So it was pretty amazing, overall. I totally suggest both Rev Theory and Shinedown to anyone who hasn't heard them yet.

0 comments: